23 January 2010

Pancake

I’m feeling flat and mean – maybe it’s the lack of carbs in my diet, lack of booze, sugar and all things nice. My frustration is seeping out of my pores lately but at nothing I can actually put my finger on.

January is one of the hardest months of the year.
Bills are high and lined with the guilt of last year spending
Waistlines are bloated with the regret of the past season
Everything on TV is a repeat and crap
And there is no bloody football!

The heat is also soaking us up, lapping up our energy and drowning our motivation.

January is a hard time of year.

It must feel different in the other hemisphere – I wonder if the coldness of their season crisps up their optimism for the year ahead.

It’s so hard to care when the air around you swims past your ears in waves of humidity and heat.

Its 42 degrees in my backyard, I’m sure my chooks are cooking KFC style in their skins today.

No wonder I’m so flat

This is my first blog for the New Year and it is the 24th day of the year – I hope the above content explains my delay.

Hot, flat and mean

I grit my teeth against the scathing words that want to pour from my fingers but I resist as you just don’t make/keep friend that way.

Do I have hope for 2010 – not at this stage.

Ask me again when the weather cools down to humane levels, the beer is once again flowing into my cup and the carbs can find a way onto my place. Ask me when my new job is not the most stressful, scariest thing on my mind. But most of all ask me when the footy starts and then you will hear my heartbeat once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment