21 November 2009

A Fairytale

I need to tell you a story about a girl who lost her spark.

She had an accident, a terrible, terrible accident, a fall that broke everything and nothing but her heart. She was pulled up by the blades of her shoulders by the ones that loved her best. They still believed in the spirit that once flowed from her barrel even though all that was left was the fragrance in the old wood of the spirit of before. She drifted up to the surface by the sheer force of love until one day a little tiny glow ignited inside her and pushed her shaking foot forward. She made another step, and another and another and soon she was facing forward, moving forward.

But something was left behind, something she kept forgetting to go back for.

This girl looks pretty much the same as before, maybe a little less.

Young
Confident
Outspoken
Alive

But to the naked eye she is back.

With my magnify glass I can see the empty space. When all the king’s men and all king’s horses put her back together again I can see the piece which they missed, which she misses the most.

I see her stand in rooms she once enchanted with nothing to say.
I see her protect and hide the nothing she has to give.
Because nothing is the hardest thing to give.

This story is about a girl that had a terrible accident.
A girl that was put back together with all the right parts
With everything but what made her…her.

But to the naked eye she still looks pretty good.
Just a …… little less

No comments:

Post a Comment