Woolworths on a Sunday is enough to turn you off the human race. I only hope that when/if the aliens come for a research field trip they don’t land on a Sunday well at least not near a supermarket.
Bad moods, bad language and bad behaviour seem to sum up the public these days but the public are us, you and me. Filled with people like you and me and the ones we love. Everyone is an asshole until you know them; everyone seems a little weird, boring, and dead until you take the time to know them on one, two and any level.
I work face to face with this species everyday and I must admit I generally curse their arse off under my breath even though I know it must show up in my eyes, tone and body language. Humans are pigs yet ironically I love a lot of them – the ones I bothered to get to know. I know secrets, hidden talents, and sense of humours, idiosyncrasies of many people that I have opened my world to and I am better for it. Yet I will swear at that moron standing in front of the fucking shelf where my milk is.
We forget so quickly
Every stage of our lives are forgotten the instant it is over
Mothers of adults swear at mothers of toddlers
Adults roll their eyes at loitering teenagers
Kids hold their ears when babies scream
It is as if it never happened and the only moment that matters is the one I’m in now.
We talk about new age mothers these days with their self righteous hippy shit yet my shit smells just as bad
What the fuck do we care about anymore??
Well actually heaps of things. I have several friends obsessing of different causes at the moment, attending rallies, drumming up support and yelling their little lungs out.
This is passion, this is humanity, this means fuck to me.
Sorry I’m too sidelined by my own self interests to care about yours so don’t send emails asking me to fight for YOUR cause, don’t guilt me about issues that have nothing to do with my stage in life!
No wonder why I choose to shop on Sundays!
There is a little article in the Q weekend every Saturday called “ordinary people”
and it makes the whole magazine. Just a little snippet about an ordinary person’s life. No matter whom the person is, or what the think, do, and say it makes absolute fascinating reading. A window into someone else life is truly a gift.
People are astonishing because we all look, feel, talk, love differently yet we are all exactly the same. My favourite thing in the world is to sit with a person and drink and talk and talk and imagine and flirt, and talk, and create, and be present with another heartbeat, another dream maker, another soul.
I want to hear everything, absorb everything; I want to know something no one else has known and know you, just you for whatever you want to be right now.
But fuck I wish you would move away from the milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment